Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School

What a crazy month!!! We have been in America for a little over a month and are happy to be back. We have been in Arizona for a few weeks and other then the heat it is really nice. I think we will be very happy here. The kids started school 2 1/2 weeks ago and they seem to be enjoying it. Brady and I are getting use to all the homework...much more then we are use to, but Brady is doing great. Blake is going to preschool three days a week for 6 hours and loves every minute of it. He really wants to go everyday but there is plenty of time for that next year. I still want him home a little while longer. We found a nice gym here and Abby is happy to have her class to go to again and kids to play with. I'm also very happy to be back at the gym and back on a bit of a schedule again. Travis is still getting use to being in America and his new job, but is loving the golf he has been able to play a bit here. We are currently living in corporate housing for a few more weeks. We found a house in Cave Creek which is north of Phoenix. We should be closing on the house in a few week and then we will have to do painting and all new flooring. It is a bank owned house so we are getting a great deal but it needs a little work. It will be really nice once we can move in and get settled in our new neighborhood. The kids are very excited about having a pool in the back yard. The kids still ask when we are going home to Australia but I think they are adjusting quite well. We miss Australia and all our friends but we are glad to be back in America.


2 comments:

Lissa said...

Hey, the boys look great!1 In fact I really miss them. Wish them good luck at their new schools - and Brady stay from all those girls!!!!

Allison Owen said...

Cute kids! I am glad you are getting settled! Michelle, will you give me your email? I have a question for you and thought I had it but don't. Thanks!